Either you might have experienced or at least have seen coin shaped or oval patch of complete hair loss. It may be suddenly seen sometimes. This type of hair loss is known as Alopecia Areata.
Alopecia Areata (AA) is an autoimmune disease, where body`s immune system act against hair growing cells in a particular area. It may affect both men and women.
Facts about alopecia areata –
- Hair loss is sudden, over the period of few days.
- It has been corelated with stress but yet to be proved.
- It may occurs in childhood, as well as in other age groups.
- Many a times it tends to go away on its own.
- It’s more common in white people.
- It can have psychological effects on person suffering from.
- It can spread to larger areas.
- It may come back after the treatment on same other locations.
Treatment of alopecia areata –
According to Dr Upavan Pandya (Cosmetic Skin & Hair Expert at Vibra Clinics, Udaipur), alopecia areata is treated with medication and steroid injection in the patch of hair loss. If you have patches of hair loss either in scalp or in beard area, book your appointment at Vibra Clinics, Udaipur – Best Cosmetic Skin Care & Hair Care Clinic in Udaipur, Rajasthan