PRP therapy has been widely used in hair loss treatment for quite some time now. In PRP Therapy we inject plasma having 3 to 5 times higher concentration of platelets than in your normal blood. These platelets burst inside your scalp and release various Growth Factors. These Growth factors are actually responsible for hair follicle regeneration and thus increased hair growth. But this process of releasing growth factors from platelets is slower and inconsistent many a times. Than wat is the fix for this problem? The answer is GFC Therapy!
And here is the good news! Vibra Clinics is now offering GFC Therapy (a superior and advanced form of PRP therapy), first time in Rajasthan.
Growth Factor Concentrate (GFC) therapy is an emerging treatment for hair restoration that utilizes a concentration of growth factors derived from the patient’s own blood. This preparation is injected into the scalp to encourage hair growth. GFC therapy, along with PRP therapy, is a trusted dermatological procedure used by certified clinical cosmetologists and dermatologists to successfully treat hair loss, resulting in client satisfaction and fuller hair.
GFC V/S PRP Therapy
Let us first understand that how is GFC therapy different from PRP therapy? Growth Factor concentrate Therapy or GFC Therapy is pure, safe and highly concentrated growth factor concoction prepared from patients’ own blood.
- GFC is pure, completely acellular, autologous and safe.
- In this therapy rather than giving platelets, high concentration of patients’ own growth factors are extracted from platelets is given.
- GFC is injected directly into the scalp or skin and your own growth factors are delivered in high concentration. Procedure followed.
Advantages of GFC Therapy over PRP Therapy
- Completely acelluar and reduced risk of pain and inflammation.
- Serum extracted by the procedure has excellent stability for 8 hours at room temperature.
- No platelet wastage during and the procedure and high concentration of growth factors are extracted.
- Simple procedure with little risk of any complication.
- No risk of contamination.
GFC Therapy: Benefits & Duration
PRP Therapy has been a big topic of discussion for a while. And now we are happy to announce latest superior technique of hair loss, called as GFC Therapy. The idea behind GFC treatments is pretty simple: Platelets contains more than 20 growth factors inside. Instead of injecting Platelets in scalp, injecting Growth Factors directly in scalp should be much more beneficial than platelets. And thus GFC therapy was invented. We are happy to announce that GFC therapy is first time available in Udaipur or in fact in Rajasthan only at Vibra Clinics.
- GFC Therapy helps with hair fall reduction, and make hair thicker and fuller in volume.
- It is highly suitable for those who are in the initial stages of Alopecia.
- It is suitable for both men and women. The blood is taken out through a syringe and the growth factors are extracted without any contamination.
- The GFC solution doesn’t contain a single blood cells such as white cells, red blood cells etc.
GFC for Hair Loss: Treatment Process
Growth Factor Concentrate therapy (GFC) is a novel treatment launched in 2022 at Vibra Clinics for better treatment of patients with hair loss and to rejuvenate skin. It is an advanced form of PRP to achieve better results in the patients. This therapy is a step ahead of the normal PRP therapy. Following steps are followed in GFC therapy treatment:
- Step 1: Collection of blood – Patients’ blood is collected in GFC tubes.
- Step 2: Activation of platelet and release of growth factors – Gently the blood is mixed and tubes are allowed to stand for 30 minutes. This activates and releases all growth factors like PDGF, VEGF, EGF & IGF-1 from α-granules in platelets.
- Step 3: Separation of GFC – Centrifugation is done at 3400 rpm for 10 minutes.
- Step 4: Collection of GFC – It is done by inverting the tube. Above 6-8 ml is collected.
- Step 5: Application – GFC collected is now ready to be used on desired area.
GFC Therapy: How It Works?
GFC therapy, or Growth Factor Concentrate therapy, is a hair treatment that takes growth factors from your own blood and injects them into your scalp. This helps revive your hair follicles and encourages them to grow new hair. The procedure is non-invasive and straightforward, involving three main stages: blood collection, isolation of growth factors, and injection of growth factors into the treatment area. The treatment is gaining popularity because it can offer lasting results and is an attractive choice for people looking for a non-surgical way to address their hair issues. The recovery period after the GFC treatment is typically very short, and some patients may report a mild headache or slight discomfort immediately after treatment, but these effects usually last only about an hour
Recovery and After Care
After GFC therapy, it is important to take care of your scalp to ensure optimal results. Here are some tips for recovery and aftercare:
- Refrain from activities causing sweating on the scalp for 48 hours.
- Delay shampooing for 1-2 days after treatment.
- Follow your doctor’s advice regarding topical medicines and hair products.
In addition to this, it is equally important to avoid the application of hair products that are formulated with strong chemicals. Hair dyes, bleaches, and certain styling products often contain ingredients that could potentially interfere with the healing process or irritate the treated area.
Post-therapy, patients often have mild discomfort, including pain, swelling, and redness at injection sites. Using ice packs can help ease these temporary symptoms. PRP treatment is minimally invasive, allowing for a quick return to everyday activities, but requires avoiding strenuous exercise for a time post-treatment to aid healing and optimize benefits.
Risks and Side Effects
GFC Therapy, or Growth Factor Concentrate Therapy, is a treatment that uses the patient’s own blood to stimulate hair growth and skin rejuvenation. It is generally considered a safe and natural procedure, but like any medical treatment, it may have some potential risks and side effects. According to the web search results, some of the common risks and side effects of GFC Therapy are:
- Mild discomfort: During or after the treatment, some patients may feel slight pain or soreness at the injection sites. This usually goes away within a few hours or days.
- Swelling or redness: The injection sites may also show some temporary swelling or redness, which are normal signs of healing. These usually subside within a few days as well.
- Bruising: In some cases, especially for patients with sensitive skin, there may be minor bruising at the injection sites. This is also a temporary effect that fades away quickly.
- Infection: Although rare, there is a small risk of infection at the injection sites. This can be prevented by following proper hygiene and aftercare instructions from the provider.
To minimize the risks and side effects of GFC Therapy, it is important to consult a qualified and experienced provider who can assess your suitability for the treatment and follow strict protocols to ensure safety and quality. You should also inform your provider of any medical conditions or allergies you have before the treatment. Additionally, you should avoid alcohol, smoking, and anti-inflammatory drugs for a few days before and after the treatment, as these may interfere with the healing process.