Dermal Fillers are made up of Hyaluronic Acid – a substance naturally present in our body as well. Dermal fillers are used for contouring and shaping facial structures like under eye area, lips, cheeks, jawline, nose etc. We can beautify facial contour without any surgery with the help of Dermal Filler injections.
Dermal fillers restore volume, smooth wrinkles, and enhance contours via gel-like injection to the face. Hyaluronic acid is the most common dermal filler, found naturally in the body to maintain skin hydration and volume.
When injected into the skin, dermal fillers instantly add volume to the treated area, filling in wrinkles and fine lines. Additionally, they stimulate collagen production, which helps improve skin elasticity and firmness over time.
Several different fillers have been approved by the FDA for the treatment of facial lines, wrinkles, and scars. Fillers can improve the appearance of your skin by filling in pores and removing acne scars.
Under-eye fillers are the ultimate solution for dark circles. Consider this treatment to remove under-eye fine lines and hollows effectively. It is a popular choice among many who want to achieve a flawless and youthful look.
Lip fillers are becoming increasingly popular as more people are turning to them for their anti-aging properties. These Lip fillers give lips a fuller appearance and make them look more youthful by lifting the lip area and filling in hollow areas. Lip augmentation can be done to enhance lips giving them attractive shapes, such as Pouty lips, Russian Lips, etc.
Several different types of lip fillers can be used to achieve the same goal. Each type is designed to provide different results and fillers that are more effective for certain facial features. For instance, if you have deep folds in your lip area that are causing you to look older than your years, you’ll need to use a filler that will add volume to your lips without adding too much thickness or a sunken look.
Dermal Fillers for Cheek Augmentation
Dermal fillers are a popular choice when it comes to reducing the effects of aging. They’re an effective way to smooth out lines, lift the lip area, and enhance facial features. As we age, our cheeks begin to sag, leaving us with hollow cheeks and sunken areas. Fillers can help to reduce this effect by adding fullness to the cheek area. In addition, fillers can lift and enhance the natural contours of the cheek bone, making them appear higher and more prominent.
Facial Contouring with Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are injected to enhance and reshape facial features. This non-surgical treatment is used to add volume, smooth wrinkles, and sculpt the face for a more youthful and symmetrical appearance. Dermal fillers, typically made of hyaluronic acid or other biocompatible substances, are strategically injected into areas of the face to improve contour, such as the cheeks, lips, chin, and jawline. The procedure is customizable to address specific concerns and achieve natural-looking results. Facial contouring with dermal fillers is a popular option for individuals seeking facial rejuvenation without the downtime or risks associated with surgery. It is performed by qualified healthcare professionals and can often be completed in a single office visit, with minimal discomfort and downtime.
Common Dermal Fillers Brands
- Juvéderm®: It’s costly but the world`s leading and most popular dermal filler brand by Allergan. There are different fillers in Juvederm Brand such as Juvederm Voluma, Juvederm Volbella, Juvederm Volift, Juvederm XC etc for different facial contouring indications.
- Restylane®: Restylane is a line of hyaluronic acid-based facial fillers that help smooth wrinkles and plump your cheeks and lips.
- Sculptra®: A popular product for correcting deep lines and wrinkles.
Dermal Fillers: Pre-Treatment Instructions
- Do Not consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to dermal filler treatment, as alcohol increases the risk of bruising.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory and blood thinning medications, for 2 weeks before treatment, such as aspirin, vitamin E, Omega 3 or Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, and NSAIDS.
- If you have a special upcoming event (such as a wedding, or vacation), schedule an appointment for Dermal Filler treatment at least 2 weeks before that event. In case there is some bruising and swelling after dermal filler treatment, it may take up to 2 weeks for the bruise to disappear.
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- If you have rash, cold sore or blemish on the area to be injected with dermal filler, the procedure need to be postponed. In case of cold sores, anti-viral medication may be required before dermal filler procedure.
- Have a good breakfast before your dermal filler procedure to avoid lightheadedness during / after your filler treatment.
- We do not recommend Dermal Filler treatment in pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Dermal Fillers: Post-Treatment Instructions
- Unless instructed by the doctor, avoid significant movement or massage of the dermal filler treated area.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- You should also avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours after dermal filler injection.
- Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excess swelling.
- If you have swelling you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour.
- Try to sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
Dermal Fillers: Benefits & Duration
Dermal fillers offer several benefits for facial rejuvenation and enhancement. These include:
- Wrinkle Reduction: Dermal fillers effectively fill in and smooth out lines and wrinkles, such as nasolabial folds (smile lines), marionette lines, and vertical lip lines, resulting in a more youthful appearance.
- Volume Restoration: As we age, we lose facial volume, leading to a sunken or hollowed appearance. Dermal fillers restore lost volume in areas such as the cheeks, temples, and under the eyes, creating a fuller and more youthful look.
- Enhanced Contour: Dermal fillers can be used to sculpt and define facial contours, including the cheeks, chin, and jawline, for improved facial symmetry and balance.
- Lip Augmentation: Dermal fillers can enhance the size, shape, and definition of the lips, creating a plumper and more defined lip appearance.
- Minimal Downtime: Dermal filler injections typically require minimal downtime, allowing patients to return to their normal activities shortly after treatment.
- Quick Results: Patients can see immediate results following dermal filler treatment, with continued improvement over the following days as any swelling subsides.
- Long-lasting Effects: While the duration of results varies depending on factors such as the type of filler used and the area treated, many dermal fillers provide results that can last from several months to over a year.
It’s important to note that the duration of dermal filler results can vary depending on factors such as the type of filler used, the treatment area, individual metabolism, and lifestyle factors. On average, most dermal fillers provide results that last between six months to two years. Regular maintenance treatments may be recommended to maintain optimal results over time.
Recovery, After Care and Side Effects
After undergoing dermal filler treatments, patients typically experience minimal downtime, but proper aftercare is essential to ensure optimal results and minimize potential side effects. Here’s what to expect:
- Most patients can resume their normal activities immediately after the procedure.
- Mild swelling, redness, and bruising at the injection sites are common and usually resolve within a few days.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, excessive heat exposure, and alcohol consumption for 24-48 hours post-treatment to minimize swelling and bruising.
- Apply ice packs or cold compresses to the treated area to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Avoid touching or massaging the treated area to prevent the filler from shifting.
- Use gentle cleansers and moisturizers to keep the skin hydrated and promote healing.
- Apply sunscreen with a high SPF to protect the skin from sun damage.
Possible Side Effects:
- Temporary swelling, redness, bruising, or tenderness at the injection sites.
- Rarely, lumps, bumps, or asymmetry may occur, but these can usually be corrected with massage or additional filler injections.
- Allergic reactions to dermal fillers are rare but possible. Seek medical attention immediately if you experience symptoms such as severe swelling, itching, or difficulty breathing.
Follow your healthcare provider’s aftercare instructions and attend follow-up appointments to monitor your progress. Dermal filler side effects are usually mild and temporary, and results can last for months to years depending on the type of filler used and individual factors.